Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Introductions, Word Associations, & Reflections

Hello, my name is Morgan.
This is my blog for Form, Space, and Order.

25 words to define "who I am"
Steadfast          Fair          Happy          Thoughtful 
Honest          Idealistic          Logical
Hopeful      Responsible          Perceptive          Ardent
Excitable          Indulgent          Amusing
Earnest          Worthwhile          Kind           Open
       Loyal                          Contradictory
 
 
 
 
25 words to define "what design means to me"
 
Luxury          Provocative          Functionality
 
Transcendent          Order          Innovative          Historic
Minimal          Rustic          Accessible
Objective          Clean          Expressive          Lifestyle
Curated          Artistry          Culture         
            Timeless          Charm          Aestheticism 
 
 

 

5 Personal Goals
 
1. Read 20,000 pages in 2015.
2. To study in Lacoste. Also, to finally learn to speak French because two years of taking classes in high school taught me absolutely nothing.
3. To get my average time for running a mile down to
around 7 minutes.
4. Get an A in every class. Sadly my dreams of
a 4.0 were shattered thanks to Drawing 2.
5. Take a Road Trip to California with only a tent,
a limited amount of money, and an endless amount of time.
 
 

 

Reflections


Why did you choose Interior Design as your professional path?

Growing up I was always really interested in any type of art and design. I loved interior design, fashion, and film and I knew that I wanted to be involved in one of those industries. I eventually chose Interior Design because it fit seamlessly with the lifestyle I envisioned myself having one day.
 

What is an artist? Are you an artist?

An artist is anyone who creates something, whether it be literature, a painting, clothing, film, or architecture. So I think that interior designers are artist because we are creating art for people to live in. 
 

Do you have a message that you believe needs to be expressed in your work?

Luxury is accessible.
 

What answers do you seek? 

Any and all answers that allow themselves to be found out. 
 
In what way can your work as an interior design student be an opportunity to explore these personal questions?
It gives me the opportunity to learn how to mold my most innovative ideas of art into a space that is still accessible and functional.


No comments:

Post a Comment